Himalayan Salt Stones Contain 84 naturally occurring minerals. The minerals provide a gentle exfoliation on the skin, making the skin feel smooth and soft after your massage session. Himalayan Salt Stones give off negative ions. What does this mean? When there are too many positive ions in the body it leads to inflammation. Therefore, being massaged with the stones helps balance the positive ions with negative ions. This can help reduce inflammation. Another way to balance ions in the body is walking barefoot on the earth. The minerals in the Himalayan Salt stones assist in the detoxification process of massage. Massage alone is detoxifying because it is moving the blood and the lymph around in the body. It helps to circulate the toxins out of the body. The minerals in the stones help to draw out the toxins even further. Himalayan salt can even used in footbaths and baths to help draw out toxins!
Some Benefits of Himalayan Salt:
- Promotes healthy blood sugar
- Helps lower blood pressure
- Supports a healthy respiratory system and sinuses
- Boosts bone health and prevents muscle cramps
- Improves circulation
- Relieves anxiety and addresses insomnia
- Lightly exfoliates the skin and is highly relaxing
- Emits negative ions when heated, delivering a myriad of health benefits—from higher mental alertness to protection against germs in the air
During the massage, therapists use warmed Himalayan salt stones to apply pressure, using Swedish massage techniques. During the course of the treatment, the minerals are absorbed through the skin. The effect is a profound sense of well-being.
A Himalayan Salt Stone Massage can also zero out the body’s electromagnetic field. Electronic devices such as phones and computers can disrupt natural energy flow within the body. The stone’s neutral structure and natural resonant frequency help to realign energy pathways and restore balance to the central nervous system.